Happy Halloween!

Happy Halloween!

Wednesday, March 24, 2010

first blog

Always I have struggled with living in the moment and thinking in the moment. Wherever I am, I may be busy planning my afternoon errands, making a list of people I need to call, or even replaying a conversation I had that morning. I have wasted lots of time, living in the future or the past.

So I have decided to really focus my life on the right now! When my kids talk to me, I want to look in their eyes and hear every word, and feel every feeling they have to give. When I am playing tennis or talking to my friends, I hope to be engaged in exactly what they are saying to me. When my husband tells me his hopes and dreams, I don't want to hear myself asking him to repeat himself, because I was thinking about something else.

Much has been written on the subject, and I have eaten it up. For days I have stayed in the moment, and then somehow I drift back into old habits. So 4right now, I am going to be here in the present, doing what I love to do.


No comments:

Post a Comment